What Is The Meaning Of Evil Eye Jewelry & How Do You Wear It?
You may have seen evil eye necklaces and evil eye bracelets before. They are aesthetically striking and gorgeous!
Evil eye jewelry meaning is simple. Protect the wearer. Protect them from evil directed at them and from the negative forces that may be surrounding them. As the wearer chooses evil eye jewelry to add to their daily outfits, it is said to provide power and protection even in the face of extraordinary challenges and evil.
Evil Eye Jewelry Is Pretty & Trendy
There are a lot of women who wear evil eye jewelry and evil eye pendants predominantly because they are so beautiful. Though that is a fine reason to wear any type of jewelry, it’s the cultural meaning behind the evil eye that make it such an important fashion choice for others.
How Does Evil Eye Jewelry Protect?
When someone looks at another person with the energy of the evil eye, it is to curse them. A person wearing evil eye jewelry is said to reflect the negative energy back onto the sender. It’s the ultimate resistance of bad energy.
Cultural Beliefs Of Evil Eye Jewelry Are Centuries Old
Many cultures attach a deep meaning to evil eye jewelry, including Judaism, Buddhism, Islam, Christianity, and ancient civilizations.
· Ward off curses from others.
· Wear evil eye jewelry to save one’s self from the bad energy of the evil eye.
· Ward off misfortune, injury, and bad luck that has been put on someone on the recipient end of the evil eye.
· Evil eye jewelry pieces are also believed to teach wisdom and help the wearer process negative emotions like envy.
You will find lots of evil eye jewelry, symbols, and charms in countries like Greece, Egypt, Iraq, Turkey, Morocco, Iran, Afghanistan, Lebanon, Italy, and others. The beliefs around the evil eye continue to be threaded sometimes fairly prominently through families in these societies and others.
Evil Eye Color Meanings
Evil eye jewelry can come in different colors. This isn’t just about style. Each color has a spiritual meaning behind it.
· The most common color of evil eye jewelry is blue which is the color of good luck, and representative of creativity and commitment.
· Light blue is a symbol of truth when used with the evil eye.
· Yellow and gold represent strength, energy and power.
· Red evil eye jewelry provides courage and strength to face difficult circumstances.
· Orange is considered a playful color.
· Pink represents calmness, contentment, relaxation, and the protection of friendships.
· Green connects with the Earth, and is a sign of balance and gratitude.
· White is pure, goodness, light, and is encouragement to pursue new life experiences.
Evil Eye Jewelry Necklaces & Bracelets
How to wear evil eye jewelry is best done with necklaces and bracelets. You need a way to display the evil eye. Something like a ring does not necessarily do it as well as necklaces and bracelets can.
When looking for evil eye jewelry, something that people often don’t realize is that it’s typically provided to someone as a gift, culturally speaking. Evil eye jewelry is usually given to babies, pregnant mothers, and individuals who need the protection. They may also be tied to a milestone, event, circumstances, or celebration necessitating protection. Try to think about why you’re interested in evil eye jewelry and how you want to gift it to yourself.
Also, as a last note on the meaning of evil eye jewelry, if you are concerned about whether it is culturally appropriate to wear evil eye jewelry, let us reassure you that anyone can wear it. The evil eye is not specific to any religion or culture. It belongs to many and, at the same time, to no one. Simply put, evil eye jewelry is appropriate for all peoples and cultures.
Are you looking at evil eye jewelry for yourself or to gift to someone else? Instead of going with a commercially-made piece of evil eye jewelry that does not really carry in it the full scope of intent one wishes to receive from it, feel encouraged to take a look through our handmade evil eye jewelry at Corail Blanc. These one-of-a-kind pieces are all made by skilled artisans and carefully put together as individually unique pieces.